New students and first time borrowers at Seminary of the Southwest will need to complete online Entrance Counseling which will teach you your rights and responsibilities as a borrower and a Master Promissory Note in order to receive a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. New students who have a Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note on file with the Department of Education will only need to complete entrance counseling.
- Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling may be completed at http://www.studentloans.gov. Students will need to have their FSA ID available.
- Students selected for verification (the Department of Education randomly selects students for verification) must provide the following information.
- Department of Education verification worksheet
- Federal tax information
- If you used the IRS Tax Retrieval process when completing your FAFSA and did not make any changes to that information a previous year tax transcript will not be necessary.
- If you did not use the Tax Retrieval process or you made changes
If you have dropped below half-time enrollment status, withdrawn, or will be a graduating soon you must complete Exit Counseling.