Director of Student Ministries
St. Martin’s Episcopal Church (https://stmartinsepiscopal.org) of Houston, TX is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries. As the largest Episcopal Church in the US, St. Martin’s recognizes its responsibility to share the news of the grace of Jesus Christ with as many students as possible.
The purpose of the Director role is to help young people establish meaningful relationships with Jesus Christ and to support parents as their children grow. The Director is responsible for overseeing and supporting St. Martin’s Junior High and High School Student Ministry programs. This includes leading a ministry staff, engaging and coordinating a large group of volunteers, and development and overseeing the ministry’s programs.
Essential functions for this position include:
• Building relationships and sharing the good news of the Bible with the youth and their families.
• Leading and developing staff to effectively fulfill their job responsibilities.
• Planning and coordinating social, spiritual and community service activities. Examples include Bible studies, Confirmation, Youth in Worship, retreats, and mission trips.
• In conjunction with the Vicar and Worship Ministries Coordinator, overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the Acolyte program (6-12th grade.)
• Recruiting and training volunteers for leadership in student ministry.
• Acting as liaison between the Church leadership, volunteers, students and their families.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• A personal commitment to Christ
• 5+ years in youth ministry
• 3+ years supervising and managing staff
• Experience recruiting and engaging volunteers
• Prior experience in a liturgical church
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
• The ability to operate a motor vehicle with passengers and a valid driver’s license
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details / Application URL: http://hireayouthpastor.com/churches/1566/jobs/2393