Seminary of the Southwest
Reports To: Director of Enrollment Management and Admissions
The Enrollment Manager will provide leadership, strategic enrollment planning, and oversight of student recruitment strategies and efforts. The Enrollment Manager is a complex position that should maintain extensive knowledge of Southwest’s mission, vision and core values. Knowledge of admission requirements, policies and procedures is necessary in order to effectively interpret them to prospective students and their families.
Work location is on-site at Seminary of the Southwest’s campus in Central Austin, but may be flexible with up to approximately 20% remote working opportunities per week where feasible and mutually agreed in advance. A generous benefits package includes health, dental, health savings account, employer-funded retirement savings plan contribution, plus paid personal, federal, and most Christian religious holidays off.
Seminary of the Southwest is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness and seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, faculty, and students. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Description of Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Admissions recruitment, counseling, outreach and application review are all significant functions of
● Implement strategic enrollment plan by addressing recruiting strategies, communication plans,
campus visits and campus events.
● Manage and maintain the enrollment database: provide reports on funnel progression, communication
campaigns, and event management. All reports will measure and provide outcomes related to the
strategic enrollment plan and recruiting strategies.
● Handle confidential information and maintain confidentiality.
● Generate all enrollment letters and communication as directed, including bulk mailings.
● Maintain inventory of enrollment materials and publications
● Complete organizational tasks for Enrollment events on campus.
● Prepare admission files for all applicants. Communicate status of applications and transfer
files to appropriate departments.
● Travel to graduate/seminary fairs, university hosted fairs, or any recruiting event that meets a
recruitment strategy, approximately 30 days per year traveling.
● Effectively communicate and explain institutional financial aid policies and procedures, along with
other outside financial aid opportunities.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable
accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
● Recruitment strategies, including prospective student management, marketing and targeted
● The comprehensive mission, vision and core values of Seminary of the Southwest.
● Principles and practices associated with graduate enrollment management.
● Database management, statistical data interpretation and application of state of the
art information technology as applied to recruitment.
● Southwest’s institutional financial aid policies and procedures.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without
reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
● Maintaining an established work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
● Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills.
● Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including working on multiple
● Working in a collaborative manner with colleagues and representatives from
● Effective public speaking and presentation in front of small and large diverse groups.
● Using experience, creativity and independent thought to develop successful
student recruitment strategies.
● Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
● Planning and managing admission process including scheduling faculty interviews and
faculty admission committee meetings.
● Demonstrated proficiency using advanced office software applications
A competitive compensation package will be offered for this position based upon the successful
candidate’s education, skills, experience, and potential for contribution toward the success of the
Seminary of the Southwest. The position offers coworkers who are dedicated to the mission,
vision, and core values of the institution and attractive benefits including:
● Employer paid health insurance
● Employer contribution to 403(b) retirement plan
● 10 vacation days per year, plus generous paid holiday schedule
We fully respect the need for confidentiality of information supplied by interested parties and
assure them that their backgrounds and interests will not be discussed with anyone, including the
leadership of the Seminary of the Southwest, without prior consent, nor will reference contacts be
made until mutual interest has been established.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.