Campus of Seminary of the Southwest
Seminary of the Southwest and the Southwest Alumni Association are honored to welcome The Right Rev. Robert “Rob” C. Wright as the featured speaker at the 2017 Blandy Lectures and Alumni Convocation. This year will mark the 50th anniversary of this annual gathering created to honor The Very Rev. Gray M. Blandy for his ministry and work as the first dean of the Seminary of the Southwest.
The announced dates for the convocation are Tuesday, September 26, 2017, and Wednesday, September 27, 2017.
Continuing education topics this year are centered on the Christian Perspective on Money and Spiritual Health and Well-Being. Sessions will be taught by current seminary faculty, including a session by Dean Kittredge.
Spiritual Health and Well Being
- Clergy Role in Parishioner’s Mental Health Crises (panel) – The Rev. Dave Scheider, Vanessa Nering, M.A. LPC Intern, The Rev. Danielle Tumminio
- Spiritual Assessment of Self and Other – The Rev. Sarah Knoll Sweeney
- Writing Ex Materia – Dr. Claire Colombo
Christian Perspective on Money
- Theology of Money – Dr. Steven Tomlinson
- Jesus and Money in the Gospels – The Very Rev. Cynthia Briggs Kittredge
Ministry and Money: An interactive discussion of financial leadership in the practice of parish ministry – The Rev. Dr. William M. Bennett
We hope that you will join us the two-day convocation of continuing education, fellowship, tacos and coffee, and renewal.
For more information, please contact Kelly Rowley, Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations, at email@example.com or 512-472-4133 ext. 333.