Micah 6 is currently seeking an Executive Director to lead us in continued growth of programs to greater influence within the community, and to stronger leadership and vision in our goal to honor our missional call.
Resumes can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Executive Director monitors the condition and needs of the homeless and impoverished in the central Austin area (our primary area of concern) to determine what programs and initiatives might best serve these populations.
We have two major programs: the Food Pantry and Youth Services. The Executive Director has direct oversight of the Food Pantry and supports the Director of the Youth program.
The Food Pantry typically supplies more than 10,000 pounds of free groceries per week to individuals and families in need (our “shoppers”). It is open for shopping two days a week, Thursdays 6:00-7:00 p.m. and Saturdays 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. An opening usually requires about 90 minutes of prior preparation, and about 45 minutes of cleanup. The Executive Director will provide oversight and management, and must ensure a smooth, safe and satisfactory experience for our shoppers and volunteers.
Pantry Operations Responsibilities
- Obtain an active Austin/Travis County Food Manager’s certification, and continually oversee, educate, and ensure the safe distribution of food in compliance with the health code.
- Schedule and chair the pantry operations committee, the group that sets operational procedures for safe pantry operations.
- Ensure that reports required by our contracts are produced and submitted in a timely manner. Coordinate the ordering of food from the Capital Area Food Bank.
- Establish procedures under the policy guidance of the Board of Directors.
- Be present or on-call for all pantry openings, to receive donations and deliveries, and volunteer service projects.
- Work with University Presbryterian Church to insure a healthy relationship in use of the building.
Staffing, Volunteer Recruitment, and Training Responsibilities
- Empower and motivate the Director of Youth Services, helping the Youth Director to receive the grants, volunteers, and resources needed to operate the Youth Drop-in Center.
- Coordinate and recruit new volunteers, and train long term volunteers in more advanced roles.
- Manage, schedule, cajole, and motivate an all-volunteer staff, including beneficiary-volunteers.
- Assign and coordinate volunteers who pick up, deliver, and unload food.
- Train, schedule and oversee managers, stocking supervisors and other leadership positions.
Administrative and Policy Responsibilities
- Keep the Micah 6 website, social media accounts, and other outreach efforts current and effective.
- Provide monthly written reports to the Board of Directors and attend board meetings. Reports should include details of pantry operations, volunteer operations, and strategic initiatives.
- Investigate and keep the board current on the Central Texas Food Bank and other food programs, and broader homelessness and hunger issues in the Austin area.
- Be fluent communicator in spoken and written English; proficiency in Spanish is desirable.
- Expand our universe – seek grants, additional food providers, allies, and partners.