Cedar Rapids, IA
Christ Episcopal Church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, seeks a full-time rector who is adept at:
• Preaching – educating, inspiring, and connecting people to God’s word through biblical knowledge and a solid theological perspective
• Strategic leadership – to lead our church toward the realization of our vision, mission, and goals
• Pastoral care – engaging people empathetically and caring for persons in times of need
• Change management – to guide our church through significant and necessary periods of change
• Has a sense of humor
• Is diplomatic, getting along with a variety of people and perspectives
• Promotes transparency in leadership
• Has strong communication skills
• Values and understands how to support education/spiritual development at every age and stage of life
• Values shared ministry with lay leaders
• Is adept at leadership development
• Cares about the quality of worship
• Has a progressive theological perspective
Christ Church, one of the largest churches in the Diocese of Iowa, is a welcoming, inclusive church family, with a passion for local, national and global service, and excellent, updated facilities.
Cedar Rapids, the second-largest city in Iowa, is acclaimed for quality of life, great schools, and abundant cultural resources.
See the Parish Profile, OTM Portfolio, and application information at www.iowaepiscopal.org/Bishop/deploymenttransitions.html.
Applications requested by March 15, 2018