St. John’s by the Campus in Ames, Iowa, seeks a full-time rector who will:
• Help us develop a spirit and structure for calling and equipping us for new ministries
• Inspire us to use our talents to build an identity of who we are as the Anglican presence in our community
• Guide us in nurturing meaningful relationships, perhaps through small groups or new outreach projects
• Work with us all in a cooperative, listening way, fostering mutual respect and dignity
• Inspire new opportunities for leadership and worship;
• Facilitate needed and desired changes in an empathetic way, challenging us when we need it
We seek someone to love us, someone who will walk alongside us in discerning our journey and expressions of faith.
Ames is a college town and a great place to live, within commuting distance of greater Des Moines. The church is across the street from Iowa State University, a major science and technology institution with 36,000 students. The immediate neighborhood is a very vibrant area undergoing significant redevelopment, with large numbers of students now living immediately adjacent to the church in new high-rise apartment buildings.
See the Parish Profile, OTM Portfolio, and application information at www.iowaepiscopal.org/Bishop/deploymenttransitions.html.
Applications requested by March 15, 2018.