St. John’s Episcopal Church
Summary of Job Description:
- Offer a full range of traditional pastoral care to our congregation.
- Oversee our Stephen Ministry. Supervise Eucharistic Visitors and our Angel Food (meals at times of need) and prayer shawl ministries.
- Lead our Thursday morning St. Anne’s Bible study that attracts 10-15 participants.
- Build on our already strong lay pastoral-care team: help additional parishioners discern their gifts for this ministry.
- Develop a grief ministry.
- Expand the definition of pastoral care beyond long-term ministry to the elderly and short-term ministry to those undergoing stressful changes or brief hospitalization. Envision how it can include youth, adult and those in middle age.
- Develop programs that strengthen us as people who are both spiritual and religious. Make spirituality a regular part of our conversation at St. John’s.
- Improve our connections to new members, leading our Invite, Welcome, Connect program.
- Identify, train, and support parish life lay leaders and ministries.
- Oversee intergenerational parish fellowship events.
- Participate in the full range of preaching, celebrating and teaching.
Details / Application URL: email email@example.com for information
Graduate from seminary with a calling to pastoral care and parish life ministry. Administrative skills are needed and the ability to engage others in growing and developing pastoral care and parish life ministry. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a PDF of the full job description including information about St. John’s and a description of the Tallahassee community.