The Church of the Epiphany
Epiphany Parish of Seattle, a thriving parish in a thriving city, is seeking a senior associate. Key areas of focus include staff care, oversight and management; organization and stewardship of small groups; management of Christian formation; and newcomer hospitality and incorporation. We are trying to achieve gender balance among clergy and preference will be given to women.
Interested parties should send their resume to Search Committee Chair Charissa Bradstreet at email@example.com.
Position Title: Senior Associate Priest
Status: Full time with Benefits
Supervisor: The Rev. Doyt L. Conn, Jr.
Summary: Under general supervision and in accordance with established guidelines, performs the functions that establishes and maintains all Adult Education programming, small groups, oversight and management of staff. Works closely with rector and staff to provide preemptive oversight of parish programming as a whole.
We are trying to achieve gender balance among clergy and preference will be given to women.
Episcopal priest highly preferred.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
Ability to work and foster relationships with a diverse group of paid parish staff, ministry leaders, and ministry volunteers;
Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate by phone and to professionally provide information and assistance with courtesy and tact to church staff, ministry leaders, parishioners, and community members;
Ability to organize and facilitate group meetings and retreats for paid staff and ministry leaders;
Ability to maintain a calm, non-anxious presence during conflict. Encourage and, if necessary, facilitate relationship repair and conflict management
Ability to establish one-on-one pastoral relationships with individuals;
Ability to work well as a leader among leaders particularly with the rector and other staff members, as well as other parish leadership;
Skilled knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
Work independently and proactively;
Organize and prioritize multiple tasks;
Comply with deadlines.
CORE MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITY
1. Conduct a ministry of relationship that connects and invites toward building community:
a. through affinity groups, small groups, and newcomer incorporation;
b. within ministries through care and mentoring of ministry leaders;
c. in the neighborhood;
d. amongst the staff;
e. and with other churches.
2. Work interchangeably with the rector to carry out the mission and vision of Epiphany Parish, as articulated by the rector;
3. Be a conversation partner with the rector in discerning the movement of the Holy Spirit within the parish;
4. Priestly presence on Sundays and other service times and occasions;
5. Weekly meeting rector and other associates, and participate in weekly sermon review process;
6. Preach as assigned, including children sermons;
7. Attend weekly liturgy meetings;
8. Teach classes and write for the Weekly Word and Monthly Message as assigned;
9. Pastoral care visits as necessary;
10. Participate in the corporate life of the Diocese.
11. Pastor to the staff;
12. Help organize and track a calendar of parish staff and ministry events on and off campus with the parish administrator;
13. Help to facilitate and participate in staff formation and professional development, and create and provide leadership for a once yearly staff retreat;
14. Correct and review, when asked, letters, articles, and papers written by staff or clergy.
15. Organize and provide leadership for Small Groups;
16. Build a leadership network to assist in managing and forming small groups;
17. Track small groups’ spiritual growth and development.
18. Identify newcomers with the help of other clergy, staff and lay leaders;
19. Generate and send welcome letters;
20. Meet with newcomers to hear their interests and share Epiphany life with them;
21. Track visitors and newcomers;
22. Plan, organize and advertise newcomer events.
LIAISON TO NEIGHBORS
23. Be the relationship contact from Epiphany to the neighborhood:
a. Know the heads of our neighborhood institutions such as: Epiphany School, Epiphany Early Learning Preschool, Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Liberation UCC, other neighborhood churches, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, ProMusica, residential neighbors;
b. Have a sense of their activities and ways we could be of support to them;
c. Invite them to participate in activities we are doing on behalf of the wider community;
d. Encourage participation in tutoring at Madrona Elementary School;
e. Sit on Madrona Neighborhood Community Council.
24. Help form leadership teams, where necessary, to plan, organize, and steward parish events.
25. And other appropriate duties as required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Epiphany Parish of Seattle seeking a full time Senior Associate Priest. Interested parties should send their resume to Search Committee Chair Charissa Bradstreet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking to fill this position immediately with a person who has already served as a priest post-seminary. We will be receiving rolling applications now through July 15, or until the position is filled.
Epiphany Parish “is a place set apart—a spiritual oasis of Christian hospitality, dedicated to supporting all people wherever they are on their spiritual journey. Our primary hope for you is rest for your soul. You are magnificent, and the Epiphany holy ground is a place for you to rest, revive, and know the love of God. Wherever you are in your spiritual journey, you have a place at Epiphany.”
—The Reverend Doyt L. Conn, Jr.
We are a place of gathering, conversation, being, and belonging. Ours is simply to listen and encourage the relationships that happen along the way—relationships between individuals and their innate gifts, among people, and between people and God. Jesus is at the center of this conversation. He is our primary teacher. The understanding of Jesus is widely interpreted at Epiphany, and this adds to the richness of conversation that happens on this holy ground. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, you have a place at Epiphany.
Epiphany Parish of Seattle, a thriving parish in a thriving city, is seeking a senior associate. Key areas of focus include staff care, oversight and management; organization and stewardship of small groups; management of Christian formation; and newcomer hospitality and incorporation. For a sense of the parish please visit www.epiphanyseattle.org, or contact Charissa Bradstreet at email@example.com.
Begin Date: 09/01/2017