Bee Creek United Methodist Church
The Student Ministries Coordinator will work in partnership with the Student Ministry pastor to help coordinate, facilitate, supervise and equip the ministries to children and to youth at Bee Creek UMC. The Student Ministries Coordinator will also serve in a supervisory role in the new gym.
Assist the Student Ministry Pastor in Sunday morning children and youth ministries.
- Helps in recruiting volunteers and working with the current Children’s Ministry director to ensure volunteers are present in each class.
- Helps with special ministry events such as I love my church, Fall Festival, and Palm Sunday.
- Assist or teach in the youth Sunday school classes at 9:30 am and 11 am as needed.
- Help with preparing supplies for Sunday morning children classes.
- Serve as a substitute Sunday school teacher if needed.
- Serve as an adult chaperone for Youth Group on Sunday nights 6-7:30 p.m.
- Serve as an adult chaperone for Bee Kids ministry on Wednesdays at 3:30-5 pm.
- Assist the Student Ministry Pastor with special youth and children events and ministries.
- Serve on the youth mission trip during the summer and other special youth events
- Be present at children and youth ministry events with an intentional and prayerful focus on developing relationships with the youth, children and their families.
- Cultivates relationships within the community in a missional way.
- Provide supervision and monitoring for the gym on weekends, which would include unlocking and locking as well as safety monitoring.
- Assist the church in visioning ways in which the gym can be a blessing to the community.
- Oversee volunteer scheduling in conjunction with the current children’s ministry director volunteer.
- Ensure administration of processes for new volunteers, such as background checks and consent forms.
- Assist with children and youth attendance
- Update the children and youth rosters and information gathering processes.Other Qualifications
• Deep and vibrant faith and a lifestyle consistent with Christ’s teaching.
• Experience in supporting or serving in Children and youth ministries
• CPR Certification and First Aid are required to be kept current and paid for by the church.
• Proficient in computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and also proficient in social media skills.
• High School diplomaCore competencies
• Spiritual Maturity: intentional about growing in faith with a thirst for a deeper relationship with Christ and others. Committed to being in prayer for our church/pastors/staff/congregation and all BCUMC families and parents.
• Teamwork and Team Building: works well as part of a staff team and team of volunteers. Guides volunteers in leading and inspires participation. Creates structure, creativity, and discipleship opportunities.
• Servant Leader: models the servant example set by Christ in both ministry and personal life.
• Relational: a deep love for others, with a special heart for children and youth. Able to develop relationships with all ages and exhibits a charisma and passion, which is inspiring.
• Management and relational skills: recruits and trains volunteers. Delegates, empowers and hold volunteers accountable. Schedules and plans in advance for the benefit of ministry.
• Organization: excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability.Details / Application URL: http://www.beecreekumc.org/#/home/job-openingsBegin Date: 03/14/2017
Contact Name: Linnea Falk
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 5122642225