Apply to Southwest
- Seminary of the Southwest offers a secure and simple way to apply online.
- Your work will be saved allowing the application to be completed in stages.
- Begin the online application by clicking:
MDiv, MAR, and DAS
MHC and MSD
Master of Divinity and Diploma in Anglican Studies rolling admissions through June 15
- Applications are accepted through June 15 with admission decisions provided within 7 business days for applications that include a completed faculty interview.
- We strongly encourage prospective students to apply as soon as they are able, and for those in an ordination process in The Episcopal Church, as soon as they have received diocesan permission to do so. Seminary staff is available to help with family transitions including employment and school placement as needed. Applying early can make that process smoother.
Master of Arts in Religion rolling admissions through June 15
Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling deadline to apply is May 31
Master of Arts in Spiritual Direction rolling admissions through June 15
Beth Jordan is your contact for MDiv, MAR, and DAS
512-439-0357 | [email protected]
Grayson Dail is your contact for MHC, MSD, and Special Student Status
512-439-0374 | [email protected]
Online Application Checklist:
- Complete all required online application fields including:
- Personal Information
- Academic Background: Undergraduate degree required with a min. GPA of 2.5
- Screening Questionnaire
- Funding Your Education
- Provide References:
- Send email invites within the online application to three references
- MDiv and DAS applicants: Upload letter from bishop or denominational authority admitting you to postulancy or acknowledging your plans to attend seminary.
- Upload your attachments:
- Writing Sample for your specific degree program
- Pay application fee:
- A non-refundable payment of $55 is due when submitting your completed online application
- Request your official transcripts
- Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to SSW by mail or electronically
- Applicants contact the institution independently outside of the online application
- Please request transcripts from all previous institutions you have received official college credit from
- Mail: 501 E. 32nd Street Austin, TX 78705 or
- E-Script: [email protected]
6. Provide proof of required vaccinations
- Covid-19 Vaccinations. Beginning 2021 all students, staff, and faculty of Seminary of Southwest must be vaccinated against the novel coronavirus or apply for a religious or health exception. (Policy Details)
- Bacterial Meningitis – If you will not be 22 or older by August 22 you must submit proof of the Bacterial Meningitis vaccine. (Policy Details)
Questions / Concerns
We are here for you! Please reach out to your assigned Enrollment Manager with questions or concerns about your online application.