Comunidad, Compromiso, Concentración:
Latinx Studies at Seminary of the Southwest
For more than four decades Seminary of the Southwest has offered Latino/Hispanic studies as part of its curriculum. Today, all students who attend Southwest participate in our institutional commitment to Latinx communities and ministries. Seminarians who are preparing for ministry and service in Latinx communities enroll in our distinctive concentration curriculum.
Southwest’s programs in Latinx Studies:
- Provides a rigorous curriculum for Latinx and non-Latinx students preparing for ministry in Latinx contexts and the wider world through our MDiv Concentration in Latinx Studies.
- Offers a Master in Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree through our concentration in Latinx Counseling.
- Prepares students for multicultural liturgical ministry with a weekly bilingual/bicultural Eucharist and weekly Compline in Spanish and special liturgies throughout the year.
- Engages all students in witness and education at the US-Mexico border through our Encuentro course required for all junior M.Div. students.
- Creates a vibrant bilingual community through our unique Plática program.
- Stands in solidarity with Latinx and immigrant communities working for justice in the United States.
- Builds communities of support for Latinx seminarians and their allies at Southwest and across the church.
- Includes and welcomes Latinx LGBTQ students, faculty, staff
More about the Latinx Studies Program at Southwest:
- SSW Latinx Studies Advisory Committee
- Library Resources for Latinx Studies
Beth Jordan, Enrollment Manager