Other Ways to Give
Send a Check by Mail:
Seminary of the Southwest
Attn: Institutional Advancement
501 East 32nd Street
Austin, TX 78705
Memorial or Honorarium Gift:
Gifts made in memory or to honor individuals, such as a beloved family member, a revered professor, or a devoted pastor may be made to Seminary of the Southwest.
We will send a personalized card on your behalf with the specifics of your honor or memorial gift. The amount of your gift will remain confidential. You will be sent an acknowledgement for your contribution for your tax records.
Donor Advised Funds:
A donor-advised fund, or DAF, is a charitable giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to support the Seminary of the Southwest
Donor-advised funds can easily be set up through a community foundation or your financial institution.
When making a gift through your donor advised fund, you will need the information below:
Organization Name: Seminary of the Southwest
Address: 501 East 32nd Street
Austin, TX 78705
Tax ID: 74-1238448
Please contact: Mr. Charley Scarborough, CFRE
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Gifts of Securities:
The gift of a stock is one of the most advantageous ways to contribute.
Making a gift of stocks is simple and offers a number of valuable financial benefits:
- Produces a current tax deduction equal to fair-market value of the stock
- Corporation may redeem shares of the stock from your organization
- Could reduce liability for accumulated earnings tax
Step 1: Complete Transfer. If the shares are held at a securities firm or other brokerage account, please contact Seminary of the Southwest to receive the necessary account information and required identification numbers.
Step 2: Your securities firm will not alert us of your transfer. To ensure that your gift is appropriately credited, please email or call us directly to notify us of your gift at [email protected].
IRA, Life Insurance, Retirement Plans:
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here’s how to name the Seminary of the Southwest as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.