Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church
Holy Innocents is an embracing and engaging community of faith, living into our baptismal covenant. We are looking for a full-time director for our children, youth, and family ministry willing to share knowledge and love of Jesus Christ. This person will work directly with the Rector and other clergy and staff. The director will work to develop and facilitate our children and youth ministries, coordinating with adult formation activities, and will serve as a representative for our parish’s youngest members.
• Full time position with benefits reporting to the Rector
• Position will evolve organically and help children grow in faith while empowering connections made among the families of our parish
• Ability to guide, mentor and educate children with the objective of creating a solid faith foundation in the Episcopal tradition.
• Creative, engaging and collaborative program development and implementation with youth ministry, adult formation, and other programs within the parish, keeping a primary focus on children’s ministry.
• Lead planned children’s programming on Sundays.
• Maintain an inviting presence inside and outside of the church and help provide pastoral support for children and their families.
• Execute goals, through action items, set forth for children’s ministry through programming, development of small group ministry, mid-week formation for children and families, planned events, and year-round activities including, but not limited to VBS during the summer months. These goals include:
o Relationship/Community Connection
• Advocate for children and families.
• Make an energetic and enthusiastic effort to connect with children, ages pre-school through 5th grade.
• Build relationships with and cultivate relationships among volunteers.
• Continue to develop and incorporate relationships with families into the children’s ministry network during preparation for, participation in, and after the baptism of their children
• Long-term commitment to develop and expand the children’s ministry.
• Work collaboratively with all clergy, staff, and Children’s Ministry Committee to promote positive and healthy working relationships.
• Maintain ministry communications, publicity via mail, brochures, email and bulletins to the parish.
• Experience working with young children.
• Evidence of remarkable and extraordinary creativity and strong organizational skills.
• Confirmed Episcopalian preferred, however not required.
Details / Application URL: http://www.holyinnocents.org
The search committee is asking candidates to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org — Carol Johns, Executive Assistant to the Rector. The stated deadline for submissions is May 1st.
Begin Date: 06/01/2017
Contact Name: Carol Johns, Executive Assistant to the Rector
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (404) 255-4023