Holy Week and Triduum 2023
April 5 @ 7:00 pm - April 11 @ 12:00 pm
Note: All livestreamed events are also viewable on the Seminary of the Southwest Facebook page.
Holy Tuesday (4-4-23)
- Tenebrae, 7:00 p.m., Christ Chapel
- This Tenebrae will be an abbreviated office structured around chanted psalms, readings, and responsories. The distinctive ceremonial of the service includes fifteen candles, ultimately symbolizing the triumph of Christ over evil and death.
Holy Wednesday (4-5-23)
- Latinx concentration building alfombras, 2:00 p.m., in front of Diocesan Center
Maundy Thursday (4-6-23)
- Noonday Prayer, 11:45 a.m., Christ Chapel, with the Exhortation
- Maundy Thursday Holy Eucharist, 5:30 p.m., Christ Chapel
- If you are serving as a minister for the service, please arrive at 4:50.
- Maundy Thursday Agape Meal, following Maundy Thursday service, Dining Hall
- Join us for an Agape Meal after the Maundy Thursday service. We’ll enjoy a delicious meal with our families and friends.
- Maundy Thursday Watch 8pm – 7am, Christ Chapel
- Following the Maundy Thursday service and Agape meal, an all-night vigil will be held in the chapel. You and members of your household are invited to symbolically keep watch with Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane through the night in one-hour increments. Check upcoming emails for sign up information. Please consider signing up for one of the open slots on the Maundy Thursday vigil. Even if two people have already signed up for a time slot, anyone is still welcome!
Good Friday (4-7-23)
- No Office services today.
- The Solemn Liturgy of Good Friday, 11:45 a.m., Christ Chapel
- If serving as a minister, please arrive at 10:45 a.m.
- Vía Crucis, 1:30 p.m., the Motte
- Pray the fourteen Stations of the Cross with a solemn bilingual service with movement and music. All community members are welcome — no knowledge of Spanish required.
Holy Saturday (4-8-23)
- Holy Saturday Liturgy, 11:45 a.m., Christ Chapel
- If serving as a minister, please arrive at 11:15 a.m.
- The Great Vigil of Easter, 8:00 p.m., Christ Chapel
- If serving as a minister, please come to the rehearsal time TBD
- Clergy from the Southwest community and others who would like to join should arrive at 7:15 p.m. in order to vest and line up for the procession. Clergy should bring a cassock, surplice, and while stole.
- Bring your bells, whistles, horns, and other noisemakers for this service!
- Easter Gala Celebration, immediately following the Great Vigil of Easter, Weeks Center/the Motte
- Christ is risen! Let’s feast!
Easter Sunday (4-9-23)
- Crawfish Boil, 3:00 p.m., Motte
Easter Monday (4-10-23)
- No classes
- You are invited to rest on Monday and celebrate Easter in its joyfulness the rest of the week.
Tuesday of Easter Week (4-11-23)
- Community Eucharist, 11:45 a.m., Christ Chapel
- As we are off on Monday, this will be our festal Easter celebration followed by Assembly.