For Fall, 2020, Southwest will offer a voluntary meal plan that will feature a contactless pick up lunch on Mondays and dinner on Thursdays.
- These meals will be served hot and in a to-go container so that you may reheat if wanted.
- The current plan is for the first seven weeks of classes. The seminary will evaluate if can continue for the remainder of the semester.
- This is a voluntary meal plan set at a lower rate per meal. The meals are subsidized by the seminary as an accommodation during the pandemic.
- Below you will find the lunch dates for the beginning of the Fall 2020 semester, the menu for the days, and the price per day.
- Southwest will provide a meat protein that is a gluten free option, a vegetarian/vegan option, and it is permitted to switch from vegetarian to meat and back if wanted.
- If you’d like to either or both plans, please follow this payment link and type either ‘Monday’ or ‘Thursday’ or ‘Monday and Thursday’ in the notes. (this is the same process for all Faculty, Students, and Staff)
- Once you have paid and noted what day you’d like to attend, I will send you a survey so you may select your diet and preference for each week.
- You may contact Barbara at Barbara.Frisbie@ssw.edu to inquire about the menu and ask about accommodating your diet needs or Ashley.Croshaw@ssw.edu with any questions.
Fall 2020 Meal Program Dates
First Day – Monday, August 31st
Last Day – Thursday, October 15th
Meals not served on:
Monday, September 7 (Labor Day)
Monday, October 19th- October 22nd (Reading Week)
|Monday Lunch 12:30 pm|
Total of 6 = $ 51
Big salad with grilled chicken, toasted pecans or big vegan salad with local zucchini & cashews both with pesto dressing
Turkey Club Sandwich or gluten free flatbread veggie sandwich both served with sesame almond slaw
Mediterranean plate with smoked paprika chicken breast or red lentil falafel both with hummus, dolmas and Greek salad
Sept. 28- Texas
Chili or vegan chili with gf cornbread & salad
Oct. 5 –
Shrimp and roasted garlic risotto or vegan three mushroom risotto both served with side salad
Oct. 12- Spicy soba noodles with lemongrass chicken thighs or sugar snap peas and almonds
pay for meals link
Total of 7 = $59.50
Seared pork tenderloin with mashed sweet potatoes or vegan whole sweet potato stuffed with sautéed chard & pepitas both served with salad
Penne marinara with rosemary chicken or crimini mushroom bowl(vegan/gf) with side salad
Beef Fajitas or quinoa & roasted veggie fajitas both served with black beans & fresh salsas
Chicken Tikka Masala or tofu-bok choy Tikka Masala both served with brown rice with side salad
Smoked Turkey or vegan blackbean burgers both served with macaroni & cheese and side salad
Cochinita Pibil(slow cooked pork wrapped in banana leaves) or amaranth and pecan stuffed poblanos both served with assorted tortillas, pinto beans and fresh salsas
Panko crusted tilapia and rice pilaf or roasted beet and hazelnut rice bowls both served with side salad
pay for meals link