Please find an updated Fall 2020 Book List, as well as the Southwest Bookstore’s COVID19 safety protocol for staff and customers below:
Southwest Bookstore Safety Protocol
We are taking precautions to ensure the health and safety of our staff, customers and the entire community. As a result, we are operating the bookstore differently to prioritize the health and safety of our staff and customers. Thank you for your patience and support.
Q: When the Southwest Bookstore reopens, can I expect bookstore staff will be wearing face coverings and will I be required to do so?
A: Bookstore staff are required to wear face coverings while in the bookstore. In addition, we are also requiring all customers wear face coverings while at the store, and will be providing disposable face coverings for anyone who does not have one.
Q: Now that the Southwest Bookstore is reopening for in-store shopping, what changes should I expect from my regular shopping experience?
A: Here are a few specifics you should expect the next time you come into the bookstore:
- Our staff will be wearing face coverings and we are requiring that our customers do the same
- We will be limiting the number of people allowed in the bookstore. Only one customer and one bookstore staff member at a time.
- Customers and staff members need to social distance while in the bookstore.
- Each customer reserves a 20 time slot to pick up and to pay or charge their books. Customers can also use the time to check on optional books and purchase other items. If someone shows up before their time slot, they need to stay at least 12 feet away from the door until the previous student has left. No congregating near the bookstore.
- The link to schedule a time in the bookstore is: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904044AA9A822A0FA7-bookstore
- Customer selects books, brings them to the counter and backs away from the counter behind blue tape. Staff will scan books and charge to account. There will be no exchange of credit cards, money, or signing of receipts. Receipts will be emailed after transaction.
- Our staff will be cleaning high-touch surfaces frequently. We will disinfect the pay portal, counter top, door handles, and other areas used by students after each student has been in for their scheduled appointment. Additional cleaning will occur after closing each day.
- There will be returns or exchanges for the time being.
Q: What are the Bookstore’s hours of operation?
A: The Bookstore will be open:
- Sat, Aug 22 from 10-2 pm
- Mon-Wed, Aug 24-26 from 1-4 pm
- Thurs. Aug 27 10-12 noon, 3- 5 pm
- Sat., Aug 29, 10-2 pm
- Week of Aug 31, M, W, F 1 pm-5 pm, T, Th, 3:30-6 pm, Sat Sept 5, 10 am- 2 pm
- Week of Sept. 6, M, W, F 1 pm-5 pm, T, Th, 3:30-6 pm, Sat Sept 5, 10 am- 2 pm
Q: I’m not yet comfortable coming into the bookstore. What are my options for purchasing my books?
A: We know some of our customers aren’t yet ready or comfortable coming into the bookstore, but we still want to shop for their books through us! Please contact us to help you with your bookstore needs. We recognize this is a different experience than you’ve had in the past, and we are still committed to friendly, welcoming interactions with our customers and all members of the SSW community.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns: email@example.com
Thank you for supporting your Southwest Bookstore.