March 24 update
March 24, 2020
Dear Members of the Seminary Community,
I write to announce decisions taken by the Dean’s administration today, to alert you to Mayor Adler’s Stay Home-Work Safe Order, and to provide other updates.
- On March 30, all classes will resume online using the Zoom platform for the remainder of the spring semester concluding May 16. As we transition to virtual learning, please know that faculty and staff are here to support all students. Our primary objective is to help you succeed in continuing and completing your coursework.
- All administrative operations will continue to be facilitated and supported remotely for the remainder of the spring semester, unless otherwise noticed. Department heads will supervise and coordinate the work of their staff through virtual platforms, including Blackbaud, Populi, and Google resources this semester.
- No decision has been concluded as yet about May commencement. We are considering options in consultation with the Board of Trustees. A decision will be announced by March 31.
- Refunds to student accounts will be issued for meal plan services discontinued as of March 12. Students have the option to request a refund check or have the funds held in their account for future charges.
- Mayor Steve Adler issued a “Stay Home-Work Safe Order” to all residents of Austin effective at 11:59 p.m. today, March 24, and continuing until April 13, unless terminated or modified by a subsequent Order.
This order essentially mandates that all persons living in Austin shelter at their place of residence, except as otherwise allowed by the Order. The seminary believes this Order will not adversely impact arrangements that have already been implemented for virtual instruction and ongoing remote operations for the remainder of this semester. We will continue in conversation with you about the impact of this evolving situation on our individual and collective work.
As always, please reach out to me or other seminary leaders directly with any questions or concerns.Yours in Christ, FREDERICK L. CLEMENT Executive Vice President