Associate Rector for Evangelism and Children and Youth Formation
All Saints’ Episcopal Church is looking to call a highly motivated and talented priest to lead, in equal measure, Evangelism, and Children and Youth ministries in a large, 3,000 member church in the heart of Atlanta. The Associate Rector for Evangelism and Children and Youth Formation will have oversight over all Evangelism, and Children and Youth Formation ministries, and will supervise a team of four staff working in those respective ministry areas: the Children’s Minister, the Youth Minister, the Communications Director, and the Digital Missioner. The Associate Rector for Evangelism and Children and Youth Formation will be a member of the supervisory staff, reporting directly to the Rector. They will be highly motivated and capable of bringing their own sense of vision and passion to the ministry of the church. They will offer energy and empathy to their work, and will find joy in drawing out and supporting the ministry of others from a wide diversity of backgrounds. They will be comfortable working within a large staff team and will enjoy connecting with a diverse and vibrant parish community. The Associate Rector for Evangelism and Children and Youth Formation will also be a naturally gifted networker, capable of building connections between the church and surrounding residents, businesses, and other organizations including a large influx of millennials moving into the church’s immediate location in the city. Successful candidates will be persons who are ready for a challenge, excited to stretch the boundaries of mission and ministry in a rapidly changing metropolitan landscape, and be able to articulate hope for the future church as they see it lived out at All Saints’ and beyond. All Saints’ offers a competitive compensation package.
Details / Application URL: https://allsaintsatlanta.org/who-we-are/jobs/
SKILLS AND APTITUDES:
- The Associate Rector for Evangelism and Children and Youth Formation will be a skilled collaborator and excellent communicator, adept at drawing the best out of others, both staff and volunteers.
- They will be self-motivated and bring a high level of energy and commitment to their work and vocation.
- They will be comfortable thinking beyond received paradigms and capable of discerning the nuances inherent in articulating the life of a community of faith within a rapidly changing social context.
- They will be conversant and comfortable with the use of technology in the life of the church and confident as a supervisor of work being carried out to expand the parish’s digital footprint.
- They will have an attention to detail and be equally able to attend to tasks and relationships with appropriate care and candor.
- They will be naturally adept at networking and innovating, attentive and attuned to the heritage of the Episcopal tradition and aware and excited for the church yet emerging.
- They will supervise others with attentiveness and care, speaking the truth in love.
- They will be able to draw ministry out of others across the diversity of the parish.
- They will preach with passion and insight, offer care with empathy and sensitivity to a wide range of human conditions, they will value diversity in all its forms, and find joy in the work that God has called them to do.